Sunday, October 01, 2006

Gotta getta plan...

Ok. I need to do it. I need to get a plan.

I've been keeping it under wraps for the last few weeks, but my non-fiction book is more than 'under consideration' by a publisher... we have the handshake. They made an offer, we countered (we, meaning me and the agent), they re-offered and we accepted. There were a few mini-hoops to jump through, but the contract is ready to be sent to my agent!

So now... the writing begins.

Oh, what? I have to write it now?

Yes. The writing. Of the book. That I've already sold.

Selling non-fiction books rocks. Sell it, then write it.

I had been waiting until the contract was finalized, but after speaking with my agent we agreed that now was the time to write it. Due date, so far, is April 1st.

The book will be 21 chapters + appendix. Most chapters are relatively the same size... with one or two shorter ones.

So, 26 weeks... 182 days.

This means I need to write a chapter a week. With time off for Christmas.

Scary? Yes. Exciting? YES!

1 comment:

Homemom3 said...

First congrat on this! Second what's it about? Sounds like fun, but yes a bit scary at the same time. I know you can do it. :)