Sunday, October 12, 2008

This is a writing blog, really!

Not so much with the writing around here these days. Pictures, sometimes. Writing? Yeah, not so much.

Do you know what I've discovered? I've discovered that writing and editing are hard to do at the same time. It's hard to switch hats. In fact, I have to physically switch locations just to write this post. All night I've been editing. All weekend I've been editing. I've been to Starbucks and McDonalds and now (surprisingly) I know why I'm getting so fat.

Eat. Edit. Eat. Edit. Latte. Edit. Cheeseburger. Edit. Chocolate Chip Cookie made by hubby. Edit.

But please, please stay with me. The book is due on the 16th. I should be sane shortly after that. I'm moving on the 18th and then, well, then I will feel totally renewed with a new office space, a new room to sleep in. Maybe even a new bed.

But for now, I edit. I ignore the packing, I stumble around the boxes littering the living space. I ignore the carpet that required vaccuming and I just edit. And, apparently, eat.

Coming soon: weightwatchers meetings. Yes, really.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd say editing is a pretty good justification for not writing. At least it's proof that you HAVE written.

Best of luck with the book and the move!