Saturday, June 03, 2006

Writing During the Summer

I've noticed several posts from other writers about the difficulty of writing during the summer. For me, my writing picks up during the summer because the sport that I cover picks up. There are more places to go, more things happening to report on...

But yes, the writing becomes more difficult. My house gets warmer and I feel myself slowing down... Not only does my backyard garden call, but soccer practice, swimming lessons and the local theme park all want a piece of my time.

It becomes a lesson in procrastination.

I use a reward system. If I get one thing done, I reward myself with something. If I accomplish a specific set of goals before the due date, I take the next day 'off' of writing. (I don't think I'm ever truly off, but I do not set a daily goal on that particular day.)

No comments: