Monday, June 30, 2008

The Nitty Gritty of The Debt

In March of this year I posted that Major Man and I had decided to do a little switcheroo with the money responsibilities. It was a little difficult for me to take, since I've always been the one in control. So it was a matter of letting go and trusting someone else. Something that should be easy with your husband, right?

Actually. Yes, it has been.

We've had a few bumps in the road but I wanted to tell you that we have gotten rid of $18,495 worth of debt. In four months.

I KNOW!

Part of that was selling my truck, which (despite the doom and gloom prognosis) sold for more than I owed on it. I've also had good luck with sales at the Day Job and Major Man has put most of his paycheques towards the debt.

Want to know how we did it? We just followed Gail Vaz-Oxlade's advice to the letter. She's one straight-talking lady!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Holy Crapoly! Good on your guys, that must feel so great!

Heather said...

should be...good on YOU guys. Geez.

Carolyn Erickson said...

OMG, Heather! I am so excited/happy/proud of you!

Four months??? Spectacular.

Makes me wonder if we could SAVE that much in four months.

...but I would probably have to give up cable Internet. ;) (Not gonna happen.)

Dawn said...

That's pretty impressive, Heather! I bet you feel relieved.

Glad to hear you sold your truck, too. We've tossed around the idea of selling our SUV, but ...