Saturday, August 16, 2008

What Do You Stand For?

Several weeks ago I responded to a query in Help A Reporter Out, looking for people to submit videos and pictures of why they are Standing Up To Cancer.



This is the result of that query. You'll see me briefly at 1:40. I'm holding a sign that says "for the next generation". This was for my friend Karen, who you can see below, holding my daughter at the 2006 NRHA Futurity. This picture was taken after she won her first battle against cancer. She's now fighting for a second time. My daughter turns two tomorrow and I want her to know Karen when she's twenty. So that's why I'm standing up to cancer.


Please go have a look at the StandUp2Cancer site. It's a wonderful project. Especially The Stand part.

And if you feel so inclined, please feel free to support me in the Run For The Cure in October.

No comments: