I cannot believe it will be 2010 in less than 12 hours. That is just not possible. It's also not possibly that I'm a grown up with actually children who have survived long enough to annoy the crap out of me and I still love them.
I have learned a LOT in 2009. I could call it The Year Heather Grew Up. Or, The Year Heather Admitted She Couldn't Do It All. I am a self-admitted Dooce-lovah so in the vein of her recent post on 2009, I'm going to make a list of good things that happened, and even not so good things that turned out better than I'd hoped.
- The Green Guide for Horse Owners and Riders was published in June.
- Rookie Reiner came out in December.
- I had my first book signing and it was NOT a success but I learned what NOT to do (it unfortunately underscores my control issues, but I'm ok with that.).
- My second book signing was better but not great, BUT, I got over the fear of sitting at a table by myself and I had a whole herd of work friends come and visit me so I wouldn't be totally alone. I also learned a few things NOT to do and my next will be even better!
- I kind of sort of got a promotion at work, I don't talk about work here so I'll leave it at that, but it's good and I remembered why I loved my job - which is a good thing to remember because it makes it easier to get up each day at the butt crack of dawn.
- I have learned better parenting and wifery through pharmacology. There, I said it, I have outed myself on blogger. I take Cipralex and have for about two months now. It's like I'm still Heather only Now! With Less Screaming! More Kissing! Saner!
- I've slowed down. I stepped down off of three different boards even though I thought it would make me feel like a horrible QUITTER! And it did for a bit, then I realized that life continued and I was still a good person and I could give more of my time to my family. Now I know that my maximum is TWO BOARDS. I will not, WILL NOT, take on more than I can chew in 2010.
- Ok, here's another work post even though I said I don't post about work.... I am a Team Leader and I have The Best Team our department has seen in my 6 years there. I'm proud of them. They rock. Nothing is perfect but we don't strive for perfection, we strive for awesomeness. I may not always be the friendliest and nicest boss, but I think they know I'd fight for them and I think that is more important. We're going to kick 2010's butt.
- All my writing assignments have come to me, I haven't queried in months and I still get writing assignments sent to me that pay better than the ones I used to query for. That is cool.
- I've got a plan. I have a plan for 2010 and I'm taking slow and deliberate steps to put it into place. This makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. You'll see some changes here soon. I promise. I also promise that I won't be as lackadaisical about the posting and the writing. I had to take time off to form my plan. \