Friday, April 09, 2010

Tiger's Remorse

The first time I saw this ad I had the sound turned off and it still moved me.

There was something about how he flinched at the camera flashes. Something vulnerable.

Now the cynical side of me says he knows what he's doing and it's a ploy. But he's using his father's words for a reason. I just cannot believe that he had been so close to his father and he's just using those words to further himself financially. He may be using them as a lifeline. And I think that's ok.

What do you think?

All I can think is - I hope he cleared this with his wife and that he's sought her forgiveness completely before seeking the forgiveness of his fans and supporters. I would not know what to do if I were his wife and I saw him making amends and being forgiven when I hadn't done it yet myself. Because there really truly is only one person he wronged - his wife.

(well, and his kids, but they are still young.)

1 comment:

Lisa MacColl said...

I don't think he's at all sorry for what he did; he's terribly sorry he got caught.
I don't think he has the faintest idea what this did to his wife; he has a really good sense of what it did to golf.
I don't believe he's sincere. And I don't think he's learned a thing except don't get caught next time.