Friday, November 03, 2006

New Feature!

Thank you to Terry Whalin of The Writing Life for creating a Writing Tip of the Day! You can see it over to the right, just scroll down a wee bit.

Terry wrote a wunderbar book called Book Proposals That $ell and I encourage you to buy it. (No, I don't get a cut, lol) I bought it and read it stem to stern. Then I applied it to my book proposal in progress.

I had sent my proposal to a couple of publishers and one agent, the results had been sad. No responses and form rejections.

After applying the 21 techniques he lists to my proposal I sent it out again. It was immediately accepted by my agent, Kate Epstein.

Head over to Terry's blog, or check out the transcript of his recent chat on book proposals at the web site for the Institute of Children's Literature.

No comments: