Saturday, November 18, 2006

OKC here I come!

There is a huge event taking place in Oklahoma City at the end of the month and I'm headed down to cover it.

Never did I think I'd be doing so much travelling for writing. Toronto, Winnipeg, Portland and now Oklahoma City. My daughter comes with me and it a very good baby. An excellent travelling partner who ensures I am back to the hotel at bedtime.

The magazine is covering my hotel and giving me a press pass, while I'm responsible for my flight and rental car. All in all I'll probably come out a few hundred dollars ahead, but the experience of travelling to an event like this makes up for it.

Anyone know what the temperature is like there at this time of year? Someone said cold... but I'm not sure how that translates into Canadian.

No comments: