Saturday, May 19, 2007

Howzit going?

Day two of following the "Discipline Without Distress" thingy... and things are going well. Bed time was a little long, but it always is.

"I just need to come out to find Wolverine."

"I just need to come out to find a guy to fight Wolverine."

"I just need to come out to find water cause I'm thirsty cause I'm fighting with Wolverine."

I cannot wait until we move next week. No more having to put the Kindergartener to bed in MY room so he won't wake the baby in the crib. Woohoo!

Otherwise, I'm feeling very happy, hopeful and optimistic today! Usually when this happens I try to figure out WHY I'm feeling so happy, hopeful and optimistic. I want to REPLICATE it. But I am way, way too introspective and somedays you just need to ENJOY the feelings!

There's a "waiting for the other shoe to drop" feeling that you get when good things are happening. Like, "wait, I'm happy. What's going to go WRONG?"

The problem with this is that when you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail. So any little mis-step in the day looks like it's that BIG WRONG SHOE headed for you.

No comments: