Thursday, August 10, 2006

And in other news

I've been chosen to be the guest commentator for CBC Country Canada's coverage of the reining competition at the World Equestrian Games!

At the end of this month I will fly out to Toronto - family in tow - to tape the commentary of the runs. I've been involved in this sport since I was a teenager, so I'm not worried so much about my 'general knowledge'. But the hard part is finding out about the teams and the individual competitors I don't know. This sport is now international and I need to research everyone that I can.

Can you believe that even Israel has a team competing? That's grit for ya'!

Perhaps this factors in (perhaps you say?) to why I want to pop this child out. I am not worried about making deadlines (four articles due this week) or travelling with the family to Toronto. I know I can do it.

I have to do it.

This is the thing about being a writing mother... life doesn't stop when a child is added to the mix. I wasn't even a paid writer before I had my son. All my writing efforts in the last five years have occurred with him at my breast, then my feet, and now with him interrupting me every 6.4 minutes to discuss the minutiae of his day.

It's not easy, but it's the way I like it.

I may have other news to announce later.

No comments: